With such an increase, it is going to be very interesting to look at some of the statistics of social media world. In this post we look at 20 stats of social media world in 2012.
1. 3 million new blogs come online every month.
2. 60% of bloggers are aged between 25-44.
3. 20% of bloggers have been blogging for more than 6 years.
4. Professional bloggers upkeep an average of four blogs.
5. 35% of corporate bloggers worked in a journalism, media or professional writing role.
Source: Danny Brown
6. Twitter now has around 500 million registered profiles.
7. Around 175 million tweets being sent per day.
8. Twitter's projected Advertising revenue in 2012 is $259 million.
9. Twitter's projected Advertising revenue by 2014 is around $540 million.
10. 11 Twitter accounts being created every second.
Source: All Twitter
11. Facebook now has 1 Billion monthly active users.
12. 250 million photos are uploaded daily.
13. 2.7 Billion Likes everyday.
14. Around 425 Million mobile users.
15. There are 37 Million pages on Facebook with 10+ Likes.
Source: Search Engine Journal
16. As of February 2012 Pinterest had accumulated 10.4 million users.
17. 80% of Pinterest's users are female.
18. As of January 2012, American users spent an average of 97.8 minutes on Pinterest.